Monday, June 6, 2011

Curious

I am so into reading so many favourite tumblrs as you can see at my "Golden Cuppacakes" list on your right side..most of the quotes are related to Islamic ways of thinking, views and some general.
However, there were few Al-Quran verses that I quoted from for several previous posts which I strongly suggest any of readers here to read the fully translation everytime you read or see one.

Well, for instant there is no such things that curiousity killed the cat [ I used to use it sometimes ago].
Because from my understanding, if you curious about something, go learn about it so we all can know the truth about it, rather than following what others do and don't. That's what I understand in the text of "curiousity killed the cat"

But I wasn't sure to  post this on my blog regarding what I understand about the text and what it actually does mean? "Curiousity killed the cat" ?

Hence I googled and this is what I found rom Wikipedia.com

1- ""Curiosity killed the cat" is a proverb used to warn against being too curious lest one come to harm.

Again, from my point of view, its probably just saying created to limit us from learning more into something or seek the truth..)

But then, at sentence USAGE segment in Wikipedia stated the use of this proverb,

2- "Curiosity killed the cat" means: Getting yourself involved in things that aren't necessary can lead to bad situations

Okay, then from above sentence I understand that being nosy about other's matters is not a good thing.
Yeah, it's true sometimes. But what if your neighbour's house got robbed and you saw it happened and you do nothing? Strange right?

Okie you see right? I mean how we sometimes can assume and understand at different kind of aspect when only it just as simple as the "Curiousity killed the cat" proverb.

Well, this post isn't about the proverb entirely; its about how sometimes we need to double check on whatever we read or information that been given to us. The reason is to understand better and avoid misunderstanding any text that lead to unnecessary assumptions. :) 

Hence, Lets us not afraid to explore more in order to understand better k?

Happy lunch hour ;)

No comments: